Open enrollment in the Health Insurance Marketplace is coming soon.
Here’s how you can get ready to enroll starting October 1, 2013.
- Find the Marketplace in your state and get your options & info.
- Sign up for email or text updates about the Marketplace and connect with us on social media.
- Gather basic information about your household income to see if you qualify for lower costs on Marketplace coverage. Use this checklist to get started.
- Set your budget and estimate your costs and savings in the Marketplace.
- Make sure you understand how coverage works, including things like premiums, deductibles, out-of-pocket maximums, copayments, and coinsurance.
- Learn about the different types of health coverage.
- Explore your current options. You may be able to get coverage that starts before January 1, 2014 through existing programs.
- Ask your employer if it plans to offer health insurance in 2014. If you don’t have coverage, you may have to pay a fee.
- Learn how to get help with your Marketplace application. Visit LocalHelp.HealthCare.gov to find help in your area.
- Get help with a Marketplace question. You can call 1-800-318-2596, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. TTY users should call 1-855-889-4325. Online chat is also available 24/7.
Leave a Reply