We are a same-sex married couple. We moved from the state where we married and now live in a state that doesn’t recognize same-sex marriages. How should we count our household when we apply for Marketplace subsidies?

Assuming you plan to file your federal income taxes as a married couple, yes you can apply for premium credits as a married couple. It does not matter if you no longer live in the state where your marriage was celebrated.

Posted in: Non-traditional Households